Migratory Connectivity in the Ocean (MiCO)
Terms of Reference for Data Providers (v0.5; 7 July 2017)
By contributing data to MiCO, the data providers and MiCO agree to the following terms:
- Contributed data are used by MiCO, along with data contributed by other individuals and organizations, to derive aggregated “Corridors” and “Nodes”, as well as summary statistics (#datasets, #records, #species, etc.)
- Contributed data may be viewed on the MiCO website in conjunction with associated Corridors and Nodes, unless otherwise specified by the data provider.
- Data providers will always have their data explicitly attributed to them in all:
- MiCO online maps that display Corridors or Nodes derived from their data, and
- MiCO report or publication figures that display Corridors or Nodes derived from their data.
- Contributed data will not be used for purposes other than MiCO’s derived products (Corridors and Nodes) and summary statistics.
- Contributed data will not be forwarded or shared with other parties.
We don’t share—but you can
MiCO is not an online data repository for viewing and downloading contributed data. Your data will never be shared. If you wish to share your data with the online science community, we encourage you to contribute with our partner repositories:
*Terms of Reference v0.5—updated 7 July 2017